I’m good at solving puzzles, consulting, mentoring, collaborating and drawing. I have worked with many different people on many different projects from digital startups to large arts, health and media organisations
Over the past 30 years, I have gained considerable experience in all sorts of media production with the latter 20 years as an interactive designer, developer, consultant, project and people manager.
- Digital people and project management
- Art direction, consultation
- Workshop creator and facilitation
- UX strategy, UX prototyping (design and code), User testing, Testing analysis, IA
- Wireframes, Persona design, rapid prototyping
- Responsive design & development, Pattern libraries development
- CMS theme design and devlopment from scratch
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
- Sketch, InVision
- HTML, CSS, SASS, LESS, Nunjucks, Jekyll, Handlebars, Node, PHP, Git
- Wordpress, Drupal
Alongside this, I am a visual and audio artist and illustrator. Sometimes I work in traditional analogue mediums like pencil and paper and ink and sometimes I like to make soundscapes and digital works.
- Sound art, soundscapes
- Field recordings
- Audio walk development
- Digital storytelling
- Life drawing
- Hand drawn typography
Some of my work includes designing and building digital things for Tate, RSC, ROH, NHS, BBC and many others. I am also a sound and visual artist.
- Tate Kids: UX redesign and build
- ShiftMS vsMS: art commission
- NHS information architecture: UX design and prototyping
- RSC creative digital workshop: for all heads of dept
- Clore Leadership application redesign: UX design
- In development: "Can't touch and can't grasp": conductive paint and sensor sound project
- "Act as if the house is on fire": sound project
- "The theme is London... why?": sound project
- Royal Opera House: various projects including iTunesU build and audio editing
- BBC Radio & Music: front-end team management
- "Eda Scheurer had one eye and smoked a pipe": family history illustation project
- In development: "The misfortune teller": an ASMR experience
- In development: "Don't let go": audio walk
I was a make-up artist in the 90s, a Tank Girl lookalike and paste-up artist for Deadline Magazine in the early 90s and a member of an all-girl robotic dance duo in the 80s.
- Make-up for Roots Manuva, portrait currently in The National Portrait Gallery
- Make up for MTV Pulse 1990s.
- DJing for various parties and clubs: 1990s
- Performed and busked in Covent Garden in early 1980s
- Lived in Lisbon 2006
- Currently learning intermediate Portuguese which is not easy!